The Longhorns returned home this past weekend after big wins against Missouri and Oklahoma State. After another slow start, Texas defeated the University of Central Florida 35-3.
It was an early game for the Longhorns on Saturday, but fans gradually made it to their seats for the win. As an incentive for students to come early, the football department let the first 100 students, to visit section 25, receive priority seating for the post-season game.
Although getting early to the game on Saturday sounded like a good idea, it didn’t go exactly as I had planned. The early start left me dragging behind, along with many other students who didn’t quite make it to the game or showed up particularly late. Grabbing a cup of coffee did help make the Longhorns slow start not as painful to sit in the stands.
Since the game against UCF was not as impressive as the big win last week against Oklahoma State, the Longhorns dropped in the BCS standings, despite remaining No. 2 in the AP and coaches polls.
There are only three more regular season games, and every week means Texas is that much closer to reaching the BCS National Championship game.

Early games are just not okay in my opinion. I did not know about the first 100 students deal, but it seems like a good ploy from UT to get students to get there early and to get excited for post-season games. I was not happy about the drop to No. 3 but that is always better than No. 4. Only three games left makes me both excited and scared! I don't want football season to end!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling since it was a pretty easy win for us that they probably put in second string players to give them more practice, which would explain why the score was not as high as it should have been. Just a guess though. I also think they do early games so people do not have as much time to drink haha, or perhaps they just like to change up the schedule... Anywhoo I don't like early games either I enjoy sleeping in and having a good couple hours to just get ready and tailgate with my friends before the game, although it is nice not getting out at ten thirty.
ReplyDeleteAs a consequence the person who has the eight on the face of the team more inclined to win is one bidwondersin better shape.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAs a consequence the person who has the eight on the face of the team more inclined to win is one one bid wonders better shape.
ReplyDelete