Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another game down

Many people thought Texas would win this weekend, but no one could have predicted that the Texas Longhorns would demolish the Oklahoma State Cowboys this past Saturday 41-14. With the Cowboys ranked No. 14 in the BCS, many people thought they would be the only team to challenge Texas during the regular season.

The win was huge, and Sunday’s polls proved that. Well, they did have a little help from Alabama.

Although Alabama didn’t lose, their bye week let the Longhorns bypass them in the AP, Coaches, Harris and BCS polls. Texas is now No. 2 in all the polls.

Many people now believe Texas will face Florida in the BCS National Championship game. I am one of those people.

I have already chosen my Christmas and birthday present, a trip out to California. So, you can only image how upset I will be if the only team to upset us this season could be Texas A&M.

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see the Longhorns win by such a big margin on Saturday! And I am very happy that they have moved up to be ranked No. 2. I have asked for the same thing for Christmas and hope to goodness that the Horns do not go in without their best game for Texas A&M. They better not lose that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone really did expect it to be a competitive game. Some of my friends traveled up there to watch it because they thought it was going to be a great game to watch. Well I'm glad we won, it would be great if we could go to the National Championship for Colt's senior year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be going to the Thanksgiving game at A&M with my boyfriend (who attends school there, unfortunately), and I will also be majorly upset if we lose. But I'm betting on a National Championship for the Longhorns this year! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete